An Outdoor TV screen is a type of TV that is specially designed for display in outdoor places. The features that distinguish an outdoor TV from other types of TVs are high durability, resistance to weather conditions, bright screen as well as enhanced strength.
All mentioned features are added to outdoor TVs just in order to make them suitable for installation in open places. Without having these features it seems almost impossible for a TV to survive in the outdoor environment. There are many other aspects that make an outdoor TV different from other types of TV.
Table of Contents
Features Of Outdoor TVs:
1. Resistance Against Weather Conditions:
The most important feature that distinguishes outdoor TVs from others is the resistance to weather conditions. A TV can be called an outdoor TV only when it has the capability of surviving in weather resistance. Otherwise, it can not work in the outdoor environment.
Weather Resistance Is Classified Into Two Types:
- The first type is resistance or protection against the outdoor objects or in other words foreign objects like dust, tools and etc.
- And the second one is the protection of TV against liquids. For instance, resistance or protection against water is a worth considering factor.
2. Temperature Tolerance:
Temperature tolerance is also an important feature and makes a huge difference. If we talk about the temperature range an outdoor TV can tolerate, it is capable of working at a minimum temperature of -22 Fahrenheit scale.
Read: How Many Watts Is A TV?
And upper-temperature limit an outdoor TV can work at is 132 Fahrenheit scale. This temperature tolerance range gives outdoor TVs an upper hand over other TVs.
3. Display Quality:
All of the outdoor TVs have a high-quality display. The quality of the display of these TVs can be estimated from the following factors.
- All of the outdoor TVs are equipped with a brilliant 4K UHD display.
- A refresh rate of 60Hz is another factor that makes the display quality up to the mark.
4. Sound System:
When it comes to audio systems, there are different options you can get. Some of these sound options are just mentioned below.
- The most commonly used audio option in this regard is the soundbar. You can easily connect the soundbar via HDMI cable to your outdoor TV and enjoy the TV display with sound in an outdoor environment.
- The second option you may use as a sound output source for outdoor TVs is Loudspeakers provide amplified and better quality audio. However, if you go for this option then you will have to get an amplifier as well.
- Many other audio devices including headphones and Bluetooth speakers can also work as a source of audio output.
Types Of Outdoor TVs:
Outdoor TVs are generally classified into three types depending upon their performance and the nature of the environment where they are able to work. These types are as follows.
- The first type of outdoor TV is those which are designed in a way that they are better for use in the places having shade. These TVs are named full-shade TV sets. And they are not suitable for use at the outdoor places that are sunny.
- The second type of outdoor TV is named partial sun TVs. And they are named so as their structure and working make them suitable for use in the places that are partially sunny or partially shady.
- The third outdoor TV type is full sun TV. These TVs can be used outdoor no matter how sunny the place where they are going to be used is. As their structure and design are resistant to light, heat, and other related factors.
Are There Any Drawbacks?
Yes, apart from the benefits or pros of outdoor TVs they have some drawbacks as well. Some of the major and common drawbacks of outdoor TVs are given below.
1. Price Factor:
Although they owe fascinating features outdoor TVs are pricey as compared to other types of TVs. Therefore, while going for the outdoor TV keep the price factor in your mind. The estimated price range is between $1100 and $2200.
2. Inbuilt Speakers Not Available:
Generally, outdoor TVs don’t come with inbuilt speakers, so you need to find out any alternative audio output source as discussed above.
The high sound coming from the audio output sources may create noise and can be a cause of the disturbance.
Having an outdoor TV is a worth considering idea for TV lovers. It can boost the TV watching experience of users greatly. If you have a small outdoor display area in your house, it would be better for you to get a 32-inch outdoor TV. While in other cases you may adjust the TV size in accordance with the size of the outdoor display place.
If you are going for the outdoor TVs for the first time or you just want to know about outdoor TVs, this article will provide you with sufficient knowledge in this regard. It will also let you know about different factors like Outdoor TV temperature range, resistance to weather, etc.